- Technology Readiness Level: 2 - Concept developed
- Technology Validation: This technology has been validated through laboratory testing.
Researchers at Purdue University have developed an alternative method to form selenide films by the direct dissolution of metal-chalcogenide in an amine-thiol solvent system. This approach eliminates the need for hydrazine, a toxic and dangerous material, and allows the use of a safer alternative that produces a high-quality film. This technology is useful for those who want to solution-processed potential Applications of metal selenides into films for electronic applications, including solar cells.
- Direct dissolution of metals and metal compounds
- Solution processing yielding high quality films
- Elimination of hydrazine
- Solution processing of selenide films
- Electronics and solar cell applications
- Name: William D Buchanan
- Title :
- Department :
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 765-588-3584
- Address :