- The developed novel cores have long-period noise that meets the new Intermagnet standard <10 pT/âHz at 0.1 Hz
Fluxgate magnetometers are essential tools for geophysics, mineral exploration, space physics, and military sensing providing high precision magnetic field measurements. The noise floor of a fluxgate is typically limited by the intrinsic magnetic noise of a magnetometer core that is periodically driven into magnetic saturation to modulate the local magnetic field. The instrumental noise floor is therefore limited by the intrinsic magnetic noise of this material as it enters magnetic saturation.
This invention is a new composition of matter, which has been demonstrated to have record low magnetic noise performance (as low as 4 pT/√Hz at 1 Hz) when used in a ferromagnetic core, in a fluxgate magnetometer sensor. Also, this technology provides a high-power efficiency and thus low power is required when used as a ferromagnetic core such as in a fluxgate magnetometer sensor. The technology may also have applications in magnetic shielding. The developed novel cores have long-period noise that meets the new Intermagnet standard <10 pT/√Hz at 0.1 Hz.
UIRF Case No. 2021-005
• Low magnetic noise floor in fluxgate magnetometer sensors
• High power efficiency compared to traditional fluxgate sensors
• Cost effective
• Can be used for magnetic shielding
• The process can be adapted to extremely compact geometries
Name: Mihaela D. Bojin