The first successful synthesis of six chiral triple-columned/multiple-layered 3D folding polymers, stacking up to at least seven layers by different aromatic bridges.
The absolute stereochemistry was assigned by X-ray analysis of individual monomers with a similar asymmetric induction by the same catalyst. The insights of UV/Vis, fluorescence, electrochemical performance, and especially the AIE properties elucidated that this work provides new possibilities for chiral materials.
- Semiconductor Devices
- Electroluminescent materials
Features, Benefits & Advantages:
- A new form of multi-layer 3D chirality is stacked and spaced primarily by aromatic-aromatic interactions.
- Chirality is different from the traditional planar and helical skeletons and displays unique characteristics of rotational stereoisomerism.
- Displays intriguing macro-chirality phenomenon and strong luminescence under UV irradiation in both aggregated state and dilute solutions.
- Intellectual Property: A U.S. Provisional Application, #63/231,904 was filed on Aug 11, 2021.